At Bank of North Dakota, we believe when our residents make smart financial decisions that individuals, families and businesses thrive. If you would like to learn more about or teach a course on financial literacy, you may find the following materials useful.
American Institute of CPAs
The 360 degrees of Financial Literacy website offers personal finance tools and information for every stage of life.
- Recent legislation
- Credit and debt
- In the workplace
- Paying for education
- Budgeting & spending
- Family financial planning
- Home ownership
- In crisis
- Retirement planning
- Investor education
- Owning a business
- Ask the Money Doctor
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The St. Louis Fed’s economic education website offers hundreds of free interactive lesson plans, activities, and classroom publications for teachers, students, and consumers.
- No-Fills Money Skills video series
- Tools for Enhancing the Stock Market Game™: Invest it Forward™ video series
- Continuing Feducation Video Series
- Page One Economics
- Focus on Finance
- Making Personal Finance Decisions curriculum unit
- Budgeting 101 online learning module
Financial Literacy and Education Commission
Mymoney.gov is a website that offers resources and tools to learn and teach principles on making financial decisions and setting financial goals.
- Toolbox for youth education
- Teachers and educators
- Federally funded research reports
- Five building blocks for managing and growing money: Earn, Save & Invest, Protect, Spend, Borrow
National Endowment for Financial Education
Smart About Money offers free online courses and other tools to help with financial fitness and long-term wealth plans.
- Crisis and fraud
- Education and career
- Family and finances
- Holidays and money
- Housing and transportation
- Insurance and taxes
- Retirement and aging
- Saving and investing
- Spending and borrowing
- Online guided learning experiences
National Retirement Planning Coalition
ND Jump$tart Coalition
ND Jump$tart is a coalition of more than 35 organizations and state agencies who pool their resources and share the financial literacy message in North Dakota. Real World Camps provide a real-life experience in managing money and an annual video contest for high school students to create a financial literacy video are just a few of their activities.