Bank of North Dakota offers savings accounts for North Dakota residents. Federal Banking Laws and Regulations mandate financial institutions to obtain and document the identification and other pertinent information of their customers. In order to meet these regulations, an individual must come to the Bank, located at 1200 Memorial Highway in Bismarck, to open an account.
- You will be asked to show a photo identification with your current address
- If your photo identification does not include your current address, you must provide documentation with a current electric bill or other type of billing
- At that time, we will review the request to open an account
Because of our unique structure, it is the Bank’s policy not to compete with the private sector for retail deposits. Therefore, convenience products such as ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards or online bill pay are not offered.
Savings Account features:
- Minimum balance of $10 is required to open the account
- Interest will be compounded on the statement cycle date and will be credited to your account on the statement cycle date
- Interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) may change daily
- The daily periodic interest rate is applied to the principal in the account each day
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit noncash items, such as checks