High School and Financial Aid Counselor Resources
Students look to you for information and guidance on their journeys to college. Here are some resources specifically for high school and financial aid counselors to help students.
In 2020, Bank of North Dakota and its partners will host all of their career and college planning events on Career Compass. Students and their parents can register for events and explore career opportunities, whether entering the workforce, the military, an apprenticeship or college after high school graduation.
Order printed copies or download electronic files of Bank of North Dakota’s educational materials including the Regional College Cost Sheet and checklists for parents and students, whether they are planning to enter the workforce, the military, an apprenticeship or continue education beyond high school.
BND produced these 2-3 minute videos to provide a basic overview of the following topics.
- Completing the FAFSA
- What you need to complete the FAFSA
- Dependent vs. independent status on the FAFSA
- Reporting divorced and separated family on the FAFSA
- Family size on the FAFSA
- Determining assets on the FAFSA
- Verifying the FAFSA
- Understanding your financial aid options
- What to know about grants
- How to find scholarships
- Benefits of College SAVE
- How much to take out in student loans
- Overview of federal student loan options
- Bank of North Dakota student loans
- Co-signing private student loans
- Tackling credit cards
- Refinancing your student loans with BND