High School and Financial Aid Counselor Resources
Students look to you for information and guidance on their journeys to college. Here are some resources specifically for high school and financial aid counselors to help students.
BND produced these 2-3 minute videos to provide a basic overview of the following topics.
- Overview of the financial aid process
- What you need to complete the FAFSA
- Dependent vs. independent status on the FAFSA
- Reporting divorced and separated family on the FAFSA
- Family size on the FAFSA
- Determining assets on the FAFSA
- Verifying the FAFSA
- Scholarships and grants
- Federal Direct Loan and Federal Direct PLUS Loan
- Bank of North Dakota Student Loan
- Cosigning private student loans
- Tackling credit cards