Join the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign
Your summer reading programs just got better! A young reader from your library may be the lucky recipient of one of the 11 – $529 College SAVE scholarships to be given to North Dakota children when they participate in the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign in 2018.
The North Dakota State Library is partnering with Bank of North Dakota which administers College SAVE, the state’s 529 college savings plan, to provide one more incentive for your eager readers when they complete your summer reading program.
Register your library
What Bank of North Dakota will do:
- Allow all participants in your summer reading program to register for a chance to win one $529 scholarship to be used in a new or existing College SAVE account. A postcard will be provided by College SAVE.
- Provide 10 – $529 College SAVE scholarships statewide to be used in an existing or new College SAVE account.
- At the end of the summer, you’ll submit the names and contact information of participants who met the reading goals you set to the ND State Library.
- They’ll organize the names into regions and we’ll select at least one recipient from each region.
- Bank of North Dakota will provide template media releases for you to use when you award the $529 scholarship.
- Provide a $25 gift certificate to be used for a new or existing College SAVE account for each of your readers that attend your end of summer reading program event.
- Provide bookmarks for each of your summer reading program participants at the beginning of summer.
- Provide social media posts that will be shared if you have a social media presence.
What the North Dakota State Library will do:
- Collect the names of your readers who met your library’s reading goals.
- Organize them into regions and select the recipients of the ten scholarships with Bank of North Dakota.
What you need to do:
- Register by May 7, 2018 to participate in the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign.
- You need to provide the name of your Library, contact information, mailing address and approximate number of summer reading participants along with your preferred social media presence. Bank of North Dakota will mail you materials based on the number of projected participants to hand out at your kickoff event. Those materials include bookmarks, College SAVE postcards, $25 certificates for your end of summer parties, and posters to put up in the Library or around town.
- At your kick-off celebration, distribute bookmarks and postcards describing the program to your participants.
- At your end-of-summer celebration,
- Distribute the $25 gift certificate to every reading champion attending your event.
- Submit their names by September 1, 2018 to the ND State Library at email@example.com.
- We’ll let you know if it’s time for a photo-op with your winner by September 5, 2018!
Contact Carmen Redding, School and Youth Services Specialist with the ND State Library firstname.lastname@example.org or 328.4676 or James Barnhardt, College SAVE Plan director with Bank of North Dakota email@example.com or 701.328.5882.
Register your library