Join the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign
Your library’s summer reading program just got better with the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions program. Every North Dakota youth completing their library’s summer reading challenge can receive a contribution to a new or existing College SAVE account. New account owners receive $25; existing account owners receive $10. The avid readers will be entered for a drawing for one of 10-$529 scholarships to a College SAVE account.
Register by May 6, 2022 so your library can participate. See below for more details.
Register your library
What Bank of North Dakota will do:
- Provide 10 – $529 College SAVE scholarships statewide to be used in an existing or new College SAVE account.
- At the end of the summer, the library needs to submit the names and contact information of participants who met the reading goals to the ND State Library.
- The State Library will organize the names into regions and Bank of North Dakota (BND) will select at least one recipient from each region.
- BND will provide template media releases for you to use when you announce the $529 scholarship recipient if from your library.
- Provide a link so you can print the $25/$10 gift certificate to be used in a new or existing College SAVE account for each reader that completes their summer reading goals.
- Provide social media posts that will be shared if you have a social media presence.
What the North Dakota State Library will do:
- Collect the names of your readers who met your library’s reading goals.
- Organize them into regions and provide the list to BND.
What you need to do:
- Register by May 6, 2022 to participate in the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign.
- Register here
- You need to provide the name of your Library, contact information, mailing address and approximate number of summer reading participants along with your preferred social media presence.
- As your readers complete their program or at your end-of-summer celebration,
- Distribute the $25/$10 gift certificate to every reading champion who meets the reading goals. You will print and/or share the link BND sends to you. No worries on the library’s end to establish if it is a new or existing account! It will be one certificate and BND will apply the correct amount.
- Submit their names by September 9, 2022 to the ND State Library at email@example.com.
- We’ll let you know if it’s time for a photo-op with your winner by October 14, 2022!
- Parents need to submit all certificates to BND’s College SAVE program by December 31, 2022.
Contact Shari Mosser with the ND State Library firstname.lastname@example.org or 328.4663 or James Barnhardt, College SAVE Plan director with Bank of North Dakota email@example.com or 701.328.5882. If you want to learn more about College SAVE, visit collegesave4u.com
Register your library