Internal Auditor III
Location: Bismarck, ND
Summary of Work
- Employees in this position plan, conduct, report upon and follow-up on audits of a routine to complex nature under minimal supervision.
- Conduct interviews, collect, review, and analyze information and data to ascertain whether internal controls are properly designed and operate effectively to ensure compliance with Bank policies/procedures, applicable laws and regulations
- Provide recommendations to business partners to address identified control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities
- Provide consulting/advisory services to business partners to help management proactively manage risk and implement sound controls
- Participate in bank wide projects
- Champion BND’s Culture – Learn, understand and be a leader in the evolution of BND’s Innovative cultural efforts
- Idea Generator – Lead in being curious and innovative by participating and developing ideas through building relationships with business partners
- Assist with providing direction, reviewing the work of and coaching levels 1-2 Internal Audit personnel
- Assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to Executive Committee & Advisory Board, completion of the bank-wide risk assessment and oversight of outsourced audit engagements
Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in business or finance and four years of compliance, audit or other applicable work experience. The hiring agency may substitute another degree major that is more appropriate to the specific job or level. The hiring agency, at its discretion, may substitute years of related professional work experience for the education requirement. Direct years of experience may carry more weight than indirect banking experience.