This position performs procurement activities for level 1 and 2 procurements, acts as a liaison between the State Procurement Office and BND for level 3 and 4 procurements, oversees vendor contracts and administers the Bank’s vendor management program.
|Lead Procurement Officer & SPO Procurement Liaison Activities (30%)
- Coordinate BND level 3-4 solicitations with the State Procurement Office
- Assist and advise BND employees with level 1-2 procurements and answer procurement questions
- Ensure all employees with purchasing responsibilities are properly trained as required by OMB’s State Procurement Office and BND specific guidelines and procedures
- Monitor purchases for compliance with the State of ND’s procurement laws, rules and guidelines and BND specific requirements
- Work with service areas to document, justify, monitor, and ensure SPO approval of alternate procurements where following the procurement process is impracticable or not in the best interest of the state
- Coordinate employee training for procurement policies and procedures, including purchase card holders
- Maintain positive, respectful relationship with SPO to facilitate good communication. Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Distribute SPO updates and notices to appropriate BND staff
Vendor Contract Administration Activities (25%)
- Participate in and coordinate contract negotiations for BND solicitations and purchases ensuring appropriate review and approval
- Provide ongoing monitoring and completion of vendor management system tasks including renewals, amendments, and terminations
- Input documents to vendor and contract management system
- Maintain records of bank vendor contracts and review with business units on a regular basis
Vendor Risk Management (25%)
- Administer the Vendor Risk Management Program which establishes the responsibilities and processes for performing Vendor Risk Assessments. Collaborate and coordinate with North Dakota Information Technology Department as part of the Vendor Risk Management Program.
- Ensure the use of service providers and IT suppliers does not create an unacceptable potential for business disruption or create a negative impact on business performance.
Risk Management and Compliance Activities (10%)
- Participate in SAR team meetings to review investigations
- Conduct regular High-Risk Customer Monitoring
- Act as backup for anti-money laundering investigations
- Assist with projects throughout the Bank and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Promote BND’s culture by learning, understanding, and assisting in its evolution
- Assist in being curious and innovative by participating and developing ideas through building relationships with business partners
This position requires three years of duties at a level of responsibility that would prepare an individual to perform the position’s functions. The work experience must include lead work, project work or supervisor responsibilities within a large administrative support function. College-level course work in business administration, or a field directly related to the work to be performed and specified by the agency, may be substituted for the required work experience on a year-for-year basis. The agency will specify the nature of qualifying work experience at the time of recruitment.