*If unable to find qualified candidates, the hiring authority will consider filling this position with an Auditor II or Auditor I. The Auditor II requires the degree plus three years of audit experience. Salary range for Auditor II is $56,168 – $84,239. The Auditor I requires a degree and the salary range is $47,524 – $71,279.
**Location: This position may be located in Bank of North Dakota’s Bismarck or Fargo office locations; or has the option to work remotely while located within the State of North Dakota.
Summary of Work
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan, conduct, report upon and follow up on audits of a routine to complex nature under minimal supervision.
- Conduct interviews and collect, review and analyze information and data to ascertain whether internal controls are properly designed and operate effectively to ensure compliance with Bank policies/procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide recommendation to business partners on how to address identified control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities.
- Provide consulting/advisory services to business partners to help management proactively manage risk and implement sound controls.
- Participate in bankwide projects.
- Champion BND’s Culture – learn, understand and be a leader in the evolution of BND”s innovative cultural efforts.
- Be an idea generator – lead in being curious and innovative by participating and developing ideas through building relationships with business partners.
- Assist with providing direction, coaching and reviewing the work of levels one and two internal audit personnel.
- Support internal audit management with periodic reporting to Executive Committee and Advisory Board.
- Complete bankwide risk assessments and oversight of outsourced audit engagements.
Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in business or finance and four years of compliance, audit or other applicable work experience. The hiring agency may substitute another degree major that is more appropriate to the specific job or level. The hiring agency, at its discretion, may substitute years of related professional work experience for the education requirement. Direct years of experience may carry more weight than indirect banking experience.